Racing F3 Flight Controller (SPRacingF3) was designed to give awesome flight performance
based on tried and tested sensors whilst also providing unparalleled I/O capabilities in a small and extremely
lightweight form-factor using a next-generation CPU.
The SPRacingF3 gives you all the features you need for the heart of your aircraft, whether you’re into FPV racing,
acrobatic flying or aerial photography it’s perfect.
• No compromise I/O. Use all the features all the time; e.g. Connect your OSD + SmartPort + SBus + GPS + LED
Strip + Battery Monitoring + Sonar + 8 motors – all at the same time!
• On-board high-capacity black box flight log recorder – optimize your tuning and see the results of your setup without
guesswork ( Deluxe).
• Next-generation STM32 F3 processor with hardware floating point unit for efficient flight calculations and faster
ARM-Cortex M4 core.
• Stackable design – perfect for integrating with OSDs and power distribution boards.
• 16 PWM I/O lines for ESCs, Servos and legacy receivers. 8 available on standard pin headers. 8 via side
• Full support for OneShot ESCs for easy PID tuning and a sharper response.
• Supports SBus, SumH, SumD, Spektrum1024/2048, XBus, PPM, PWM receivers. No external inverters required
• Dedicated output for programmable LEDs – great for orientation, racing and night flying.
• Dedicated I2C port for connection of OLED display without needing flight battery.
• Battery monitoring ports for voltage and current.
• Sonar support for precision low-altitude hold.
• Buzzer port for audible warnings and notifications.
• Developer friendly debugging port (SWD) and boot mode selection, unbrickable bootloader.
• Symmetrical design for a super tidy wiring.
• Wire up using pin headers, JST-SH sockets or solder pads. Use either right-angled or straight pin-headers.
• Barometer mounted on the bottom of the board for easy wind isolation.
• Loop times up to ~2x as fast as previous-generation STM32F1 based boards.
• Configuration of the flight controller via a cross-platform GUI (Windows/OSX/Linux).
• Supports a variety of aircraft, tricopters, quadcopters, hexacopters, octocopters, planes and more.
• Available in Acro and Deluxe versions.
Acro: Standard model for racing/acro flying.
Deluxe: Additional sensors for altitude and direction.
The SPRacingF3 runs the open-source Cleanflight flight control (FC) software which has an ever-growing community
of friendly developers and users. Being open-source means that you too can contribute to the system.
Cleanflight comes with a detailed manual that is reviewed and maintained by the Cleanflight developers and
community. No more out-of-date wiki pages and second-hand information.
Ensure you reference the manual that is appropriate to your firmware version.
The hardware was designed by the lead developer of Cleanflight, Dominic Clifton, to be more capable than the
STM32F1-based boards after hearing feedback from the Cleanflight users, contributors and top-pilots.
Failure to adhere to these warnings will void your warranty and destroy your flight
• Observe polarity at ALL TIMES. Check and DOUBLE CHECK before applying power.
• POWER OFF before unplugging, plugging in or making any connections.
• Connect only one SOURCE of power to the VCC pins / Do not connect more than
one source of power to two or more of the VCC pins. e.g. If you are using ESCs
with BECs then remove the center RED wire from all but one ESC connector.
• Do not connect GND, VCC or 3.3v to each other (short circuit).
• Do not connect GND, VCC or 3.3v to any inputs or outputs unless specifically stated.
• Do not connect any input or output to any other input or output unless specifically
• The 3.3v supply is for low-current use only. 100mA MAX.
• Do not allow dirt/dust/glue/etc into the pressure sensor (barometer).
• Keep magnets away from the flight controller.
Follow the advice below for best performance and long-life of your flight controller:
• Apply resin/glue to reinforce JST-SH connectors – helps if you crash your aircraft.
• Using an enclosure/box for the flight-controller is recommended.
• Install open-cell foam under the pressure sensor – sandwich some between the FC
• Route motor/battery wires as far away from the compass sensor (magnetometer)
• Only install the BOOT jumper pins if you need them.
• Using color coded pin headers is recommended (not supplied), especially for VBAT
• Do everything you can to prevent vibrations reaching the accelerometer/gyro sensor.
e.g. balance props, motors and secure everything
The SPRacingF3 gives you all the features you need for the heart of your aircraft, whether you’re into FPV racing, acrobatic flying or aerial photography it’s perfect.
Deluxe: Additional sensors for altitude and direction.
The SPRacingF3 runs the open-source Cleanflight flight control (FC) software which has an ever-growing community of friendly developers and users. Being open-source means that you too can contribute to the system.
* 36x36mm board with 30.5mm mounting holes.
* ~5 grams.
* STM32F3 CPU.
* High-Capacity Flash (Acro and Deluxe)
* MPU6050 accelerometer/gyro
* MS5611 barometer (Deluxe only)
* HMC5883 compass (Deluxe only)
* MicroUSB socket.
* 4x 4pin JST-SH sockets (I2C, SWD, 2xUART)
* 2x 8pin JST-SH sockets (PPM, PWM, SERIAL RX, GPIO, ADC, 3V, 5V, GND)
* 8x 3pin though-holes for pin headers for ESC/Servo connections.
* 2x 4pin though-holes for pin headers for 2x serial ports.
* 2x 2pin though-holes for pin headers for battery voltage and buzzer.
1 * F3 Flight Controller Board w/ shell