The Arduino open source platform is based on easy to use hardware and software and it’s intended for artists, hobbyists and everyone who wants to design a creative electronics project.
This microcontroller board comes with two supply options: external or USB. It contains internal circuitry in order to automatically choose the best power supply. The external power supply can be an AC-DC adapter or a battery, with a voltage between 6V and 12V.
This board uses ATMega328P as main microcontroller and an ATMega8U2 microcontroller as an USB converter, allowing you to simulate USB HID devices (like Midi, joystick or keyboard).
- Board Size: 75 x 54 x 15 mm
- Supply Voltage: 7 V to 12 VDC
- Digital I/O: pin 0 to 13
- Analog Inputs: pin A0 to A5
- I/O Voltage: 5 V
- Clock Speed: 16 MHz
- Flash Memory: 32 KB (2 KB are used by the bootloader)
- EEPROM: 1 KB
- SRAM: 2 KB
- 6 PWM Outputs
- Embedded virtual serial port via USB
- Programmable via USB
- Based on ATMega328P integrated circuit
- Can be powered from the USB port
- 500 mA resetable fuse to protect the USB port
- Communication TWI, SPI and UART
- Development Board based on ATMega328P for Arduino
- USB Cable
The open source Arduino IDE can be downloaded from here: http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software