Charactiristics FR157 diode
- Maximum Recurrent Peak Reverse Voltage – 1000 V
- Maximum Average Forward Output Current – 1.5 A
- Maximum Forward Voltage Drop per element at 1.0A DC – 1.3 V
- Maximum reverse recovery time – 500 ns
- Typical Junction Capacitance 40 pF
- Package – DO-15
- Weight 0.38 grams
- Operating and Storage Temperature Range -65…+150 °C
Polarity and Pinout
FR157 diode has a cathode (-) and anode (+). In the schematic symbol, the tip of the triangle with the line on top of it is the cathode. The cathode is marked on the body of a diode by a band as shown below.
Diode polarity Current can flow from the anode to the cathode only and never from the cathode to the anode – FR157 diode is like a one way valve.